Infant weaning project
The aim of Little Eaters is to provide parents/carers with eating advice, cookery and information appropriate for the age of their Little Eater. We have a range of courses which we run under the heading of Little Eaters, here is the brief outline of them:
A four week course, with 2 weeks of weaning advice and 2 weeks of cookery. This course is ideal for parents with babies aged 3-8 months and will cover topics such as;
- When and how to start your baby on solid
- Comparing home-made with shop-bought baby food
- Dental health
- Progressing on to lumpier textures
- Introducing finger foods
- Cookery sessions and tasters – how to adapt family meals for your baby
A four week course, with two weeks of diet advice for toddlers and two weeks of cookery.
The course is aimed at parents with children aged 1 ½ – 4 years old and will cover topics such as:
- Toddlers diets – how to get the balance right
- Portion sizes and essential nutrients for toddlers
- Tips and strategies for picky eaters
- Cookery sessions and tasters – cooking meals to suit the whole family
Parent and child cookery
This course comprises of 4 weekly sessions of parent and child cookery. The aim of the course is to get your child involved in the kitchen and encourage an interest in food. Cookery sessions, along with games, puzzles and quizzes, will help you and your child to develop your skills in the kitchen, as well as knowledge and understanding of food and how it affects you. Topics include:
- Balanced diets & Food Groups
- Comparing home-cooked with ready-made/takeaway meals
- Dental Health
- Food Hygiene
- Where food comes from
Children must be at least 4 years old and parent participation is essential.
All courses are delivered across the various Children’s Centres in Sefton. Some centres may offer crèche facilities.
For more information contact your local Surestart centre.
Little Eaters Courses Running at the May Logan Centre
Last Wednesday each month, 2-3pm for 2 weeks.
Second Friday each month, 1.00-2.30pm for 2 weeks. Creche available
Visit the centre or call 0151 944 6531/922 8588 to book.